Plan a mesmerizing holiday to Srinagar: A summer capital of India!
Kashmir is not called Switzerland of India for no reason! There are fresh flowers in the spring, and the snowfall looks mesmerizing in winters. The traditional wooden houses with colorful rooftops are beautiful to look at. The best way to reach Srinagar is by air.
There are many Jammu to Srinagar flights which you can easily take. Here are a few places in Srinagar that you must visit:
- Dal Lake – Dal Lake should be the first place to visit when you are in Srinagar. There are beautiful wooden boats called ‘shikaras’ that float on the water of the lake. The view of the sunset and sunrise is impeccable. The lake is surrounded by lofty mountains and is covered by the blue sky, which makes the entire experience tranquil.
- Shalimar Bagh – Shalimar Bagh garden is located on the periphery of the Dal Lake which was built by Shehenshah Jahangir to please Queen Noor Jahan. The garden has trees on both sides and has a canal flowing in the middle. The beauty and calmness of the place leave an extraordinary feeling in the heart of a visitor.
- Jamia Masjid – Jamia Masjid is one of the holiest shrines of Muslims located in a crowded and bustling market. It consists of 370 intricately carved wooden pillars.
- Tulip Garden – Tulip garden consists of 60 variants of tulipsspread across 12 hectares,making it one of the largest gardens in Asia. The garden is a recent addition in Srinagar with an intention to give a boost to tourism in the city.
- Shankaracharya Temple – The temple is located on top of Shankar acharya Hill. You will need to trek a little to reach this temple. The temple has an octagonal pavement and has been renovated many times. The view of the valley from the temple is mesmerizing.
- Apple orchards – Apple orchards are famous for Kashmiri apples. Walking in the lane surrounded by green trees laden with red apples is amazing.
- Nageen Lake – Nageen Lake is another beautiful lake in Srinagar. The lake is calm, and you can easily see the reflection of rows of trees on its edge. Cruising on a Shikara in this lake with clear skies above and mountains on the sides is one of the best experiences a visitor can have!
Visit the city for an unforgettable experience!